On this page you will find the privacy statement of La Vuelta Holanda. This privacy statement applies to all services that La Vuelta Holanda offers (inter alia via the website www.lavueltaholanda.com). This page was last modified on June 24, 2019. Any adjustments and/ or changes to this site may lead to changes in this privacy statement. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly.
When you use our services, the data you provide will be processed by us. La Vuelta Holanda is the controller for the processing of your personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
La Vuelta Holanda believes that the protection of visitors to our website, subscribers to our newsletter and other stakeholders is of great importance. We treat and protect the personal data of subscribers and visitors to our website with the utmost care. We therefore also carefully comply with the relevant legislation in this field, including the GDPR and the Telecommunications Act ("TA"). We do this by checking with our legal partners whether our services meet the requirements, both in terms of data security and compliance with data protection legislation.
On this page we explain what information we request and what we use it for. We also inform you about your rights, who has access to your data, and how long we keep your data.
Our contact detail:
- Stichting La Vuelta Holanda (La Vuelta Holanda Foundation)
You can find us through the following social media channels:
FOR WHICH PURPOSES DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA AND WHICH DATA ARE THIS EXACTLY?
We collect and process your personal data for, among other things, the performance of our services, and to bring these services to your attention and keep you informed about it.
La Vuelta Holanda processes your personal data because you are using our services and/ or because you provided your data to us.
Below you will find an overview of the personal data that we process:
- First and last name;
- Organization (if provided by you);
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- IP address (via programs linked to the website);
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example in correspondence and by telephone;
- Location data (via programs linked to the website);
- Information about your activities on our website (via programs linked to the website);
- Information about your surfing behaviour across different websites (via programs that are linked to the website). For more information about the data that we collect from you, please refer to our cookie statement;
- Internet browser and device type (via programs linked to the website);
- Bank account number (if provided by you);
- De La Vuelta Holanda analyses your behaviour on the website in order to improve the website and to adjust the range of services to your preferences (via programs that are linked to the website). For more information about the data that we collect from you, please refer to our cookie statement;
La Vuelta Holanda does not process special and/ or sensitive personal data. Our website and/ or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors under the age of 16.
The information you provide may be specifically recorded and processed by La Vuelta Holanda for the following purposes:
- Fore visiting our website. If you use our website, data is automatically collected from you via cookies, including your IP address. For more information about the cookies that are placed on your device and which data we collect via the cookies, we refer to our cookie statement;
- For sending our newsletter and other e-mails. You will receive emails from us as soon as you have registered;
- To provide you or your organization with a hospitality package;
- To respond to general questions asked by you;
- To bring our social media channels to your attention. To promote our social media channels, we have included so-called social media buttons on our website. Cookies are placed on your device via these buttons. In addition, we use the so-called Facebook pixel. For more information about the cookies that are placed on your device, we refer to our cookie statement;
- To make your experience with our website as pleasant as possible;
- To comply with the laws and regulations that apply to us;
- To process your application.
ON WHICH LEGAL GROUNDS DO WE BASE THE DATA PROCESSING?
- The data processing is necessary for the protection of the legitimate interests of La Vuelta Holanda (Article 6(f) of the GDPR)
We would like to offer you the best possible service. To do so, we process your personal data. This is the case, for example, when sending emails, visiting our website and promoting our social media channels. We always take your privacy interest into account.
- The processing is necessary for the execution of an agreement (Article 6(c) GDPR)
When we conclude an agreement with you, we process the necessary personal data.
- You have given explicit permission for the data processing (Article 6(a) GDPR)
For everything else, we will only use your data with your explicit permission. This is the case, for example, if we send you newsletters.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We do not store your personal data for longer than necessary for the purpose for which you provided it. We then delete all data that can be traced back to you. Anonymous data may possibly be stored for longer.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
Your privacy is very important to us and we ensure that your data is treated confidentially and with the greatest possible care. We have therefore taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures against loss, theft, or otherwise unlawful processing of this data. We have taken the following measures, among others:
- La Vuelta Holanda uses the HTTPS protocol to enable data exchange between your device and our servers. When using HTTPS, the data is encrypted in such a way that it should be impossible for an outsider to know which data is being sent;
WHO HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR DATA?
La Vuelta Holanda has access to your data. La Vuelta Holanda treats all personal data of those involved confidentially. We will never sell your information to third parties. We only provide this personal data to the following parties:
- Public authorities, if required by law;
- IT supplier, to make our services run as safely as possible;
- Marketing agency, for targeting advertisements to you;
- Legal partners, if necessary for conducting legal proceedings;
- Accountant, if this is necessary for an audit;
- Other processors that we call in to assist us;
- Other third parties, after written permission from you.
The parties that have access to your data at La Vuelta Holanda may only use this data to provide you a service on our behalf, unless these parties themselves are responsible for processing your data. The latter applies, for example, to our legal partners.
DOES LA VUELTA HOLANDA PUBLISH PICTURE AND/ OR SOUND RECORDINGS OF EVENTS?
At meetings, events etc. organized by La Vuelta Holanda, video and/ or audio recordings can be made. These image and/ or sound recordings can be published by us on websites, social media, newsletters, magazines etc.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING DATA PROCESSING BY LA VUELTA HOLANDA?
- Access, correction and deletion of your data
You can request access to the data that La Vuelta Holanda processes about you at any time (free of charge), and have it corrected or deleted by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. To verify your identity, La Vuelta Holanda may ask you to send a copy of your proof of identity in which your social security number and passport photo are made invisible. Please note: your social security number (BSN) can be found in several places on your identity document. In response to this request for inspection, you can request La Vuelta Holanda to correct or remove your personal data.
- Complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority
Do you unexpectedly believe that we do not handle your personal data with care? Then you can contact us via the contact details mentioned above. In addition, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (“AP”).
- Objection to the processing of your personal data
It is possible to object to the processing of your personal data by La Vuelta Holanda if your personal data is used for purposes other than necessary for the implementation of an agreement, or necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation. You can do this by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you object to the processing of your personal data that are necessary for the performance of our work, we consider it important to state that it is not possible to offer our services to you without your personal data.
- Right to data transferability
You also have the so-called right to data transferability. This means that you have the right to obtain a clear overview of the personal data that you have provided to La Vuelta Holanda. In connection with this, you can also send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHERE CAN YOU GO WITH YOUR QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS?
For questions and/ or comments, please email to email@example.com.